Apr 18, 2012

The Thai Boxer

One of the many good things about Chiang Mai is that it's full of small, narrow streets where I can easily walk around, uninterrupted by cars, to hunt for people. In this little passage, I got stopped by the man above. He was hanging out with his friends and wanted to show of his thai boxing skills when he saw my camera. I took it as an invite and started photographing. This was the last photo I took of him, and I think it symbolizes victory. After the opponent is beaten, you hush the applauding crowd.

2 Comments:

  1. Beautiful portrait, it gives a good insight into the character. Really interesting blog. Emily x

    Follow me on: http://emsdarkroom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily:)
    I'll make sure to check out your blog.
    Cheers,
    Rasmus

    ReplyDelete